The No-Fail formula for Creating an Awesome Webinar
Webinars’ are a practical and effective lead generation tool. They are also one of the top five types of content to generate organic website traffic.
However, not many companies excel at webinar creation. So, TLS Marketing has compiled some helpful tips and tricks to creating an awesome webinar that will resonate with your audience.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR EFFECTIVE WEBINARS
1. Keep Your Topic Webinar Topics Focused
For many, a webinar is an exciting platform, one that many companies are trialing right now. However, it often appears they are so keen to share their knowledge, they try to fit too much information into a short timeframe.
For example, instead of attempting to create a webinar to cover everything about cyber security, try creating a webinar covering just “5 best practices to stop hackers from abusing your passwords”. This angle is relevant to every computer user and remote worker on the planet and is a more focused webinar topic designed to educate on better password hygiene and educate on password management practices and tools.
2. Decide on Your Best Webinar Format
Below are four top webinar formats to consider for your event:-
Interview an Expert webinars are gaining momentum. This style is where you interview an influential expert from your industry, either on the phone or on screen, and is one of the most engaging webinars. Putting together an interview webinar is quite simple.
- Provide your expert with a list of questions a few weeks before the event date to give them time to digest and prepare their responses.
- Review their answers together and rehearse Question Time to ensure they are providing the content you want your target audience to hear.
- Look at their slide deck. Ensure their branding and references to your brand are correct, and that there are no surprises.
- Manage everyone’s expectations of the webinar outcomes.
It’s as easy as 1,2,3 to ensure your business gets the most bang for your buck.
Q&A webinars take live questions from the audience and generally leads to a high engagement rate. Q&As can be a great opportunity for the audience to address your company executives directly. And, if you come armed with a slide deck of industry statistics, it will establish your position as thought leader in your industry and space.
Panel Discussion webinars provide the audience with differing perspectives on the same topic presented by a panel of experts. Make sure your panelists are prepped and get along well. Encourage banter between them to make it entertaining for your audience. We also recommend the use a moderator to make sure the webinar remains on topic and on time.
Presentation webinars are most common and involve someone presenting a PowerPoint presentation accompanied by a pre-written speech to sell a product or service. They are the easiest webinar type to create, but may not be very engaging for your audience as they do not generally allow direct interaction between audience and presenter. It is a good idea to include a quick Q&A segment at the end of your webinar. Using a moderator to feed you the top 5 questions coming through chat, will give you an opportunity to respond at the end of your presentation.
3. Don’t Just Wing It
Craft a roadmap or plan for your webinar. This will ensure you head in the right direction and do not talk yourself into a hole. Any webinar plan should contain the following elements:
- A compelling introduction
- A list of main points to be addressed,
- Motivating close
- Relevant call to action.
- Clearly lay out a plan for your audience members so they know the agenda and avoid straying from the topic.
4. Write a Compelling Script
Every webinar needs an engaging script that is both powerful and interesting. Use plenty of facts and stats, and make sure your tone speaks to your target audience. Thirty or sixty minutes is a long time to keep an audience engaged, so use your story telling to draw your audience into the topic and keep them engaged.
5. Design Slides for Readability
Your slides should be highly visual and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Always use a graphic designer to create your slide deck.
Here are some other hints:
- Don’t overwhelm your audience with too much text.
- Use lots of visual space between elements and points.
- Do not use paragraphs as you want them to listen to you. Use bullet points instead.
- Use attractive visuals to support your points, and lots of them.
- Make sure your closing slide thanks your audience, gives contact information for your presenters / host, and a clear call to action.
6. Choose the Right Webinar Software
There are many different types of webinar software designed to run a perfect webinar. Choosing a platform fits your purpose, business style, product/service and audience, will help you to really connect with audience. Here are some recommended platforms to get you started:
- Cisco WebEx
Choosing the right webinar platform depends on your specific needs. Try setting up a webinar for a small training at first. And to get to know your new system, set up a small test webinar first to test out its features.
Webinars for great marketing lead generation tools that will improve awareness for your brand and boost sales. And, following these simple tips will setup an awesome webinar experience that will yield good results. But setting up your webinar is only the first step. The biggest job is to promote the webinar, to get “bums on seats” at the webinar itself. So, if you are not sure how to do webinar promotion, give TLS Marketing a call. One of our expert marketing consultants will be happy to call you back to discuss your project in detail.